Mandated Reporter Training
While anyone who suspects a child is being maltreated can and should file a 51A Report with the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families ("DCF"), professionals who have been designated by the Legislature as mandated reporters are required by law to do so.
Because they are often the first adults to see signs of (or be told about) abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation, mandated reporters play an integral part in the protection of our children.
- Understand their legal obligations as mandated reporters
- Recognize possible signs and symptoms of maltreatment
- Know how to respond to a child who discloses abuse
- Know how to file a 51A Report
- Understand what happens after a 51A Report is filed
To learn more, please click here: http://51a.middlesexcac.org/