April Flag Raising Events
To mark the start of Child Abuse Prevention Month, the CAC will host the following flag-raising events:
• Amherst, Monday, April 3rd, 2:30 p.m.. Common across from City Hall, 4 Boltwood Avenue
• Easthampton, Wednesday, April 5th, at 9 a.m., City Hall, 50 Payson Avenue
• Ware, Wednesday, April 5th, at Noon, Veteran’s Park, 101 Main Street
• Northampton, Friday, April 7th, at Noon, Police Department, 29 Center Street
• Hadley, Friday, April 7th 2 p.m., Town Hall, 100 Middle Street
• South Hadley, Monday, April 10th, 9:00 a.m, Police Department, 41 Bridge Street
• Belchertown, Monday, April 10th, 10:30 a.m, Town Hall, 2 Jabish Street
Please join us!
What is a CAC?
The Children's Advocacy Center (CAC) of Hampshire County Inc. is based upon the fundamental premise that children have the right to be safe and protected from harm. The CAC is dedicated to minimizing secondary trauma to child victims by streamlining the handling of cases of child sexual abuse, serious child physical abuse, and child exploitation.
Through the CAC, children and families are linked to medical, mental health, victim advocacy and other services determined on a case-by-case basis. At the CAC our services are provided free of charge for as long as a child may need them.
Mandated Reporter Training
This 51A online training was designed by the Middlesex Children’s Advocacy Center in collaboration with the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office to help mandated reporters:
- Understand their legal obligations as mandated reporters
- Recognize possible signs and symptoms of maltreatment
- Know how to respond to a child who discloses abuse
- Know how to file a 51A Report
- Understand what happens after a 51A Report is filed